The trail starts from Cossogno square at the building of “Antica Osteria” (old tavern), called “el palazzi”, and proceeds along the “Ruènche”: the main road where once the main commercial activities overlooked.
Just outside the town center, along the bank of San Bernardino creek, there is the hydroelectric plant of Lanca, built by will of engineer Carlo Sutermeister. It is the first hydroelectric power plant for alternate current built in Italy, and it already carried electricity in 1892 to industries and towns, from Intra to Val Grande.
Getting back on the road that links Cossogno to Rovegro, going down along San Bernardino creek, there is the Ponte Romano (roman bridge), named as such by some travelers in ‘800 who thought that its shape was an archetype of roman architecture, while it was actually built “only” in 1773.
From Ponte Romano of Cossogno one can admire the amazing show of the waterfalls in the ravine called “paradise of dogs”. It is a natural phenomenon that can be seen only during rainy periods.