Always check the weather before your trip!
* GPX tracks are taken on recreational level and they are not tested.
Invorio Superiore became a town in 1007, when some inhabitants of Invorio moved to this hill. They duplicated the name of their native town and gave it the adjective “Superiore” (Upper), to highlight the geographical position. In 1928 Invorio Superiore was annexed to the larger town of Invorio, becoming one of its hamlets.
The itinerary goes through the historic center and proceeds along trails deep in the woods, reaching the highest point of the town where the sanctuary Madonna del Castello rises. This name immediately recalls the history of this place where the remains of a Visconti castle were found.
On this hill, on the first Sunday after Easter, the festival of Madonna del Castello is kept: two days of party, with the procession and the enchantment of the offerings that echoes in the whole town, to remind about all those who came back alive after the Second World War.